Thursday, September 8, 2011

ART

When one hears the word "ART" one thinks of great paintings and pictures that have real thought behind them. Nope I went to this almost unbearable, almost unbearable, art show. I don't know what some people consider art, but when I first walked in, I saw a hallway full of hands, hands on the wall holding things. Random things that made little sense to art. I thought that maybe, just maybe this little "ART" show was going to be interesting. Boy was I wrong...
After the hall of hands, I proceeded into a room, on the wall was a painting, at least I thought it was a painting. To confirm this, I did the "FERRIS BUELLER" poss, turn the head and stare at it. I soon deciphered  this painting, there was a tub in it... the tubs spic-kit was poring out blood... in the tub there was a door... under the tub there was a small arm, this I presumed was the owner of the tub. This made me kinda angry, only because it was called art. I left the "ART" and found the best art in the damn building, beer...
Beer, but soon I realized that I was now mad at the beer. Why? Because it was PPR, a shitty art gallery that served shitty beer, that's a joke all in its self. Now I'm pissed, only because I have to drink this shit and look at these things that they call "ART". "FUCK ME".
So now I'm pissed drinking this shitty beer, looking at these shitty paintings and displays of "ART", but then a light shines in. A man walks into my life. He presents me with one thing, a new direction to a better beer selection. Thank you for doing something right. Go figure they make the better beers in the deeper part of the "MUSEUM", (that's what they called it, I'm just stating a fact). After this I find that even with a slight buzz, I mean a feel warm buzz do I find that those paintings are still shit. Not to mention the buildings heat is on and the smell of "ARTIST" is starting to fill the air. It's not even half way over before we get on the bus to go back to campus. This night is getting "better", I don't know whats worse now, the smell or the "ART", maybe both... I don't care what you say, I love art, but that...that made art a laughing stock. Forgive me if I seem uptight, but I could have done something better with the three fucking hours I spent in that GOD OFFAL place.
Next time I get asked to go to an "ART SHOW" I'm making sure it's a nice museum that has real paintings, and AC that works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment