Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oh, Work...

I've come to the realization that work is not all fun and games anymore. When did I come to this, when I started a shirt an tie job. Who'd a thunk it? Not me that's for sure. But it fell in my lap, and at the time I was 19, jobless, and needed some bucks. Three years in corporate America, and you start to get a bad taste of the dreadful 9-5 job that lingers on the horizon after college. They call it a stepping stone for the future, I feel it's more of five stepping stones backwards with no end in sight.
I really don't know why I'm still there, but those three things still pop in my brain that make me punch in to that shirt an tie job, Money, Bills, and an inevitable move out of the parents house to live on my own. Those are the three things that make me cringe at night. Make me not sleep for hours on end because I feel like, "DID I PAY THIS? DID I PAY THAT?" the nagging questions of "WHAT WILL THE FUTURE BRING WHEN  I MOVE OUT?" Don't get me wrong, I may bitch to high heaven about it, but it once again, pays my bills, and even helps me get a good BUZZ going every great once-in-awhile.
A BUZZ that may eventually place my foot in the right door of society and have a new job sweep me off my feet. Yes in order to love your job you must love it. My job, I do not love, and it swept me off my feet and dropped me on my head. Ever see those comedies where the couple in the movie gets married and he sweeps  his bride of now of her feet only to slam her head on the door jam... yup that poor girl is me, and my job just keeps slamming my head in the door jam of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment